7x11 alcohol inks on Yupo medium weight synthetic paper done this afternoon as I was in an iris mood. They're blooming everywhere you look. With this floral abstraction I've used three colors of ink: Indigo, Eggplant, and Watermelon. Canned air was used to blow the ink from the bottom up and the white of the paper is its only background for simplicity.
Image COPYRIGHT 2017 Kay Smith.
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caballero and Cactus
5.5x8.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on 80 lb sketchbook paper done the third week of September while on a trip. Another southweste...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment