6x12 walnut ink on Strathmore 140 lb cold press paper done over the weekend as part of another WetCanvas challenge. Ref courtesy of host Penny this month. I had not used walnut ink in awhile, which results in a monochromatic painting, and I do like its results here. You just have to apply it multiple times to get a dark enough value.
Image COPYRIGHT 2017 Kay Smith.
Tuesday, August 22, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coffee Grinder & Pear
7x5.5 watercolor over ink line with Micron 0.3 pen. The ink sketch was done for a previous #InkTober for the prompt word 'ancient'...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
She's very nice, Kay. I like the background, fluid nature of the medium.
Thank you very much. It is a fun medium to use.
Post a Comment