5x7 watercolor snow scene at dusk showing pristine white powder untouched by animals or humans. Four birch trees stand guard in front of evergreens in background. I painted this imaginary scene on Lanaquarelle 140 lb hot press paper with Daniel Smith paints: Permanent rose, Prussian blue, sap green, quin burnt orange and gold, carbazole violet and burnt sienna.
COPYRIGHT 2019 Kay Smith
Friday, December 27, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

3 comments:
Wow, this is beautiful! I love the previous Christmasy sketches, the tree and fun rabbit, Santa’s snack and all. Our company is gone so maybe I’ll get back to art!
Beautiful!
Thanks Jo and Helen! Have a happy new year!
Post a Comment