11x8.5 watercolor on Stonehenge 140 lb cold press paper done over the weekend for another online event I was hosting. This simple white cup about half full of coffee looks like an easy still life subject but it was anything but! Multiple ellipses and curves to get just right so many washes were painted before finishing. Sepia was the perfect hue for black coffee.
COPYRIGHT 2020 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment