Saturday, September 17, 2011
Mask-erade
20x26 poured watercolor onto dry Saunders 140 lb cold press paper. I put torn masking tape over it first and long strips at random. With no preconceived ideas I laid torn paper doily placemat pieces then spray painted those. After all dried, removed tape and confetti came to mind, then portions of playing cards painted using real ones for reference. I put 5 and a 3 for 1953 the year I was hatched, and a King of Hearts the K for my name. The 2 of Hearts upper right means the 2 that can go with the 3 card for 23rd, my birthday date. Lastly I used real feathers to paint negatively red, green, yellow, blue feathers around eye holes then developed eye masks in the lower part, two obvious masks and there's a third one hidden. See if you can spot it. The whole thing is a mess but reminded me of Mardi Gras and was fun to do a poured fairly abstract piece.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Locked and Loaded Cowboy
15x11 watercolor on Canson 140 lb CP done week before last, another in my western series. This is from a movie still of Clint Eastwood and ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...

1 comment:
how are you painted lace parts? Awesome!
Post a Comment