24x18 watercolor on Aquabord, drawn today with a brush dipped in watercolor onto the clay surface. I had not really explored using this product although it is made here in Texas, and was given this large piece I'd started a failed portrait on. Using the ink sketch (below) from a recent drawing, I had no photo reference, only an imagination. Lifting most of the paint then blotting with a paper towel seemed to work fine as it could look quite heavy.
Images copyright 2013 Kay Smith.
6x6 Pigma Micron 03 ink sketch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beer and Onion Rings
5.5x8 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media featured on a past WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event. In this event, a...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...


3 comments:
Beautifully drawn. Great linework in the sketch, AND I love the painting!
Thanks, Nita, I appreciate it.
The ink sketch is super! It has a wonderful strength of character. Bravo!!!
Jan
Post a Comment