11x15 watercolor on Italia 140 lb cold press soft paper, drawn and begun today as a work in progress. I first painted this pristine peony years ago and have misplaced my photo so am going on intuition. The background will be various darks to make its white petals pop.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mocking Bird Auto
11x15 watercolor on Fabriano Artistico 140 lb rough and Daniel Smith paints done first of September. I had not painted this deserted old bu...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
I love all the colors in this peony so far, Kay. It looks like your memory hasn't failed you! GORGEOUS.
This is going to be a gem!
Post a Comment