9x12 mixed media (watercolor, ink, acrylic) on Cheap Joe's sketchbook that is hot press paper. This was done yesterday for Sketchbook Skool in which we had to mark 2"-3" grid areas in pencil, then draw anything from life, paint in watercolor then do ink last going over pencil lines, then erase. I used a fat garlic and three onions along with my small white ceramic garlic pot. First I used a stencil and with dilute white with orange acrylic making a peach colored paint, did the stencil at random. When dry, I drew in pencil with no preconceived ideas of what to put where nor what colors to use, so all is intuitive. Lastly, Micron 01 pen covered the lines and extras were erased.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lowering Rainclouds
6x6 watercolor on 80 lb Master's Touch sketchbook paper done this past Monday, another imaginary rainstorm landscape scene in a square ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
I love this. And it is interesting to hear how you painted it
Post a Comment