9x4.25 watercolor completed over the weekend for a drawing event on WetCanvas hosted by Kate Scott in Canada. In this landscape, a carriage sits in mid-foreground on a narrow gravel road while old wooden barn flanks the vehicle. When dry I splattered various neutral colors for tiny rocks and rusty oranges for leaves. A challenge was to include both orange and black as it was Halloween weekend.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beer and Onion Rings
5.5x8 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media featured on a past WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event. In this event, a...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
I love the ambience!
Post a Comment