10.25x9 watercolor and ink on sketchbook paper done today. Using a Micron 01 pen I sketched the cherry fruit outlines and stems. I could not find my tube of Daniel Smith thalo blue green or turquoise so mixed thalo blue with green to get this hue for a complementary color scheme. Reds are: Grumbacher red, transparent pyrrol orange, permanent rose, alizarin crimson, quinacridone violet, carbazole violet, then indigo.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Monday, May 23, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shell Collection
7.5x5 watercolor and ink (Micron 01 pen) on Moleskine for watercolor sketchbook. A collection of various shells gathered from different co...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
Your cherries look good enough to eat, Kay. Seriously! I must be hungry.
Thanks Billie!
Post a Comment