10.25x9 watercolor pencils on sketchbook paper done awhile back but not completed yet. Using an ordinary birdbath as a diagonal theme, I perched a black bird on it and surrounded with larger than life flowering weeds to repeat the birdbath design. In the abstract areas I used turquoise blue and green for cool accents, while purple and pink are seen as shadows in the flowerheads. This is in the style of Gustav Klimt.
Image COPYRIGHT Kay Smith 2016.
Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caballero and Cactus
5.5x8.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on 80 lb sketchbook paper done the third week of September while on a trip. Another southweste...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment