Monday, February 13, 2023
Valentine Heart ~ Happy Valentine's Day!
12x12 torn paper collage on canvas is now finished after a 3 day work in progress, about 2-3 hours per day or more. I think the colors are great with the reds against neutrals. I did several coats of gloss varnish by Liquitex over it for shine and preservation. So many things are included in the heart such as blush brushes, red sofa, red dress, dice, jukebox, flowers, an apple (for that Adam and Eve connection), a lobster (for that romantic dinner), Tabasco hot sauce bottle, Big Red soda, and tomato juice.
COPYRIGHT 2017 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lowering Rainclouds
6x6 watercolor on 80 lb Master's Touch sketchbook paper done this past Monday, another imaginary rainstorm landscape scene in a square ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Happy Valentine's Day back at you, a little late. I love this. It has some great sentiments with the red "stuff" and the neutrals. Excellent!
Post a Comment