15x11 watercolor, loosely painted wet in wet of the common jackrabbit, also known as a cottontail. These small animals abound in southwest brushy pastures and love to feed upon young cotton plants trying to grow. When I was growing up in west Texas our favorite pasttime was to go rabbit hunting before the coyotes got them.Wednesday, October 20, 2010
More Daily Painting: Cottontail
15x11 watercolor, loosely painted wet in wet of the common jackrabbit, also known as a cottontail. These small animals abound in southwest brushy pastures and love to feed upon young cotton plants trying to grow. When I was growing up in west Texas our favorite pasttime was to go rabbit hunting before the coyotes got them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beer and Onion Rings
5.5x8 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media featured on a past WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event. In this event, a...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
5 comments:
Superb! I love this loose style with watercolor.
Me too,Kay...the background just flows.
Thanks!
I'm getting replies of people interested in owning this fellow.
Your art is wonderful, Kay.Love this cotton tail:)
Just to let everyone know, this fellow is SOLD! A new customer saw it on Daily Painters of Texas blog of which I'm one of the members. Not only that but she wants another one of the new red roses.
Post a Comment