15x11 watercolor on Strathmore 140 lb paper, completed this past weekend in New Mexico. Drawn from a single red silk rose, I created all these various views and made up the leaves and rosebuds. Painting petal by petal, I sanded colored pencil shavings into the wet areas for texture. Each area leaf or petal is one application only of watercolor and are not repeated glazes.Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Roses are Red
15x11 watercolor on Strathmore 140 lb paper, completed this past weekend in New Mexico. Drawn from a single red silk rose, I created all these various views and made up the leaves and rosebuds. Painting petal by petal, I sanded colored pencil shavings into the wet areas for texture. Each area leaf or petal is one application only of watercolor and are not repeated glazes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shell Collection
7.5x5 watercolor and ink (Micron 01 pen) on Moleskine for watercolor sketchbook. A collection of various shells gathered from different co...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
2 comments:
Beautifully done, Kay! I love these roses :)
Post a Comment