Saturday, December 24, 2011
Wild Fuchsia Christmas Ball
10.5 x 8 watercolor begun a few days ago then finished today during the continuous snow. No one was out shopping so I stayed in the studio and painted. For this image, I used a large hot pink fuchsia Christmas ornament. Light reflections are the shapes seen within. For shapes outside the sphere, I drew a nail polish bottle and let its top rounded edge be seen within the ball. Lastly I used a rubber stencil stamp to make the curlicue marks for patterns. Some of these lacy looking areas were imaginary on the polish bottle as seen on far lower right. Merry Christmas to all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment