Saturday, May 18, 2013

Expressionistic Spaniel

6x8.5 watercolor on blue tinted paper/Daniel Smith paints. I drew this Cavalier King Charles spaniel in about 10 minutes yesterday then spent about 35 minutes painting in an Expressionistic style today.  To me, she appears very happy chewing her bone so I used vivid brights and not local color.  Karmela belongs to Thaesha in California, this weekend's drawing event host on WetCanvas in the All Media Art Events forum.  She set two challenges for us and I chose to paint in this style rather than my usual realism.  I hope she likes how happy I've made her pet portrait! It was a fun one to do.  Thanks, Thaesha!

No comments:

Eye of the Rooster

9x6 watercolor on Winsor & Newton 140 lb cold press paper, done earlier in the month using one of many rooster and chicken photo refere...