22x30 watercolor done previously from an imaginary small horse with a flowing
mane. It is on Italia Acquerello 140 lb soft press paper and I
worked wet on dry, but wet areas with large flat brush first before
laying in paint. I was trying to make this fellow a dappled grey, so
just let colors run and spread of mixed palette neutral pigments. The background was left the white of the paper.
COPYRIGHT Kay Smith
Sunday, January 27, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment