Thursday, November 10, 2011

Balancing Act - vegetable still life

18x12 watercolor of two onions and a red bell pepper balancing on a sunflower mosaic vase I'd turned on its side.  They're resting on cut glass mosaic top of an old hospital stretcher in my studio.  At upper left is a portion of Talavera pottery holding plants.  I set up this still life last year then drew and painted it before the onions and pepper got too ripe sitting in the sunny south window.  This is dry brush on Strathmore 140 lb cold press paper.

1 comment:

Sandra Busby said...

You remind me so much of Shirley Travina! I LOVE this style! It's so uplifting :0)

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...