Thursday, November 10, 2011
Balancing Act - vegetable still life
18x12 watercolor of two onions and a red bell pepper balancing on a sunflower mosaic vase I'd turned on its side. They're resting on cut glass mosaic top of an old hospital stretcher in my studio. At upper left is a portion of Talavera pottery holding plants. I set up this still life last year then drew and painted it before the onions and pepper got too ripe sitting in the sunny south window. This is dry brush on Strathmore 140 lb cold press paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caballero and Cactus
5.5x8.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on 80 lb sketchbook paper done the third week of September while on a trip. Another southweste...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
You remind me so much of Shirley Travina! I LOVE this style! It's so uplifting :0)
Post a Comment