Sunday, October 17, 2010

Happy Trails

11x15 watercolor, copyright 2010 Kay Smith, of my brother's backside. I changed the horse's color to white with grey tail instead of sorrel. This painting was done while in my New Mexico mountain studio cabin a few days ago.

Remember the theme song Roy Rogers and Dale Evans had for their TV show about happy trails?

After Vernita Bridges-Hoyt invited me to be part of her new blog about the Chisum or Chisholm Trail I realized I'd gotten away from doing much western art. So get ready! More is coming. To view Nita's new blog go to chisolmtrailart.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Vernita Hoyt said...

Kay, what a terrific painting! It leaves the story to the viewer's imagination and invokes such memories! Happy Trails to you! :) I am enjoying all your new western art.

Checkerboard Chicken

6x6 watercolor and black Brusho on Masters Touch 80 lb paper sketchbook done last week, another class exercise in color and pattern. Micron...