Tuesday evening I drove to Plains, TX about 2 hours north and close to the New Mexico state line to do this demo for their art group, the Yoakum County Art Association. This tiny farming, ranching and oil town has a busy bunch of dedicated artists. Direct painting wet in wet watercolor on Saunders 140 lb cold press paper, I was able to do the birds and a light green value background in an hour. Size is 22x15 inches and paints used are Daniel Smith and American Journey. Back home in the studio I finished the negative painting leaves and other foliage to frame the brilliant hyacinth, scarlet, and military macaws.Thursday, January 6, 2011
Mimics
Tuesday evening I drove to Plains, TX about 2 hours north and close to the New Mexico state line to do this demo for their art group, the Yoakum County Art Association. This tiny farming, ranching and oil town has a busy bunch of dedicated artists. Direct painting wet in wet watercolor on Saunders 140 lb cold press paper, I was able to do the birds and a light green value background in an hour. Size is 22x15 inches and paints used are Daniel Smith and American Journey. Back home in the studio I finished the negative painting leaves and other foliage to frame the brilliant hyacinth, scarlet, and military macaws.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Locked and Loaded Cowboy
15x11 watercolor on Canson 140 lb CP done week before last, another in my western series. This is from a movie still of Clint Eastwood and ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
4 comments:
I just LOVE these! It's those beautiful colours that make it for me :0) Gosh - One hour? Really? I must start trying things like this and stop being so 'fussy'. Your paintings are always so fresh and alive!
Beautiful colors! love it!
What a lovely vibrant painting :)
Thanks so much, all of you.
Post a Comment