Wednesday, September 7, 2011

BEFORE version of China Cabinet

This is the still life that got me interested in reworking into a vertical composition as posted below in China Cabinet.
Size 15x22; flowers, vase, pitcher, onions and cloth were items we used to paint from in an oil painting workshop with Ann Templeton in Odessa, TX several years ago.  I used many of my photos of those to paint watercolors later on.  I just did not like this one as my white pitcher proportions are off.  Flowers were okay but not spectacular and there was plenty of color.  When reworking it I did crop it as you can see from comparison of the two.  The title of this one was called Ann's Garden Variety.

No comments:

Checkerboard Chicken

6x6 watercolor and black Brusho on Masters Touch 80 lb paper sketchbook done last week, another class exercise in color and pattern. Micron...