Monday, December 26, 2011
White Gold poinsettia
10.5 x 16 watercolor on Arches 140 lb cold press paper, Daniel Smith paints, begun on Christmas eve then painted each day through today. A few years ago I bought a large white poinsettia with mottled golden leaves with red splotches and took many photos. The first painting had the large plant with roses behind it and I sold it quickly as a husband's gift to his wife. This is the second painting featuring the white gold leaves and bracts of that lovely specimen. At least in our area I've not seen any more poinsettias as lovely as this was. Happy New Year everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Farmland Clouds
9x5.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on Canson 117 lb cold press done last part of September while on a trip to the mountains. In thi...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

3 comments:
This is beautiful, love the colors in your poinsettia
Gorgeous! Brightens my day...
This is a lovely painting. I like it immensely.
A very happy new year to you.
Post a Comment