This work in progress starts out using 3 yellows, splashed wet in wet on 140 lb cold press watercolor paper. I used aureolin, new gamboge, and quinacridone gold. When dry I drew various sunflower heads, leaves, and stems free handed. My goal is to have a red toned background rather than a blue sky.
You can see the yellow washes better in this step in which I began laying in mixed greens using same yellows and gold along with Prussian blue and ultramarine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
No comments:
Post a Comment