Sunday, April 8, 2012

Workshop Watermedia Collage participants

Here are all the 10 smiling faces from yesterday's all day workshop at my studio showing their work.  Our purpose was to learn how to apply pages to hot press paper using old phone books, draw a charcoal subject, then paint in gouache, watercolor, or other watermedia such as acrylics.  From L to R:  Janie, Clara, Pat, Joy, Jan, Kathie, Jay, Ellen, SuzyPal, and Annalee.  Each did an awesome painting and some did more than one.  Later in the evening Jay informed me she had done another one at home.  From pineapples to people all had a good day, and I could not turn off my brain till midnight.

2 comments:

mollie jones said...

Looks like fun, Kay...happy to see Suzy there...I need to be wealthy so I have my own plane and fly out there...you think?

Kay Smith said...

We need you, Greta, Susan, Katherine, Rose and all the others to come! They want another workshop in May on rescuing old dog paintings.

Party Time Parrot Tulip

9x6 watercolor using Rosa brand paints made in Ukraine on Winsor & Newton 140 lb cold press paper done earlier this month. With this va...