Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Abstract Roses
15x22 mixed watermedia on Arches 140 lb cold press paper with wet in wet watercolors and gold spray paint. Design element shapes were made with outlining round plates and using a ruler overlapping and darks laid in first under shapes to push them forward. Cotton bandaging was pulled apart, then put over that, wet, then dropping various blues and reds. When dry, spray paint was applied outside. I began to see rose shapes, petals and stems so enhanced what I saw adding and subtracting. Its focal point thus contained the largest red rose shape. Lastly, stamping was done with small circular rubber stamp at random.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Locked and Loaded Cowboy
15x11 watercolor on Canson 140 lb CP done week before last, another in my western series. This is from a movie still of Clint Eastwood and ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...

2 comments:
Amazing painting, I like the composition you and the colors, you never stop!! :)
Sorry! I mean, I like the composition and the colors, you never stop..
Post a Comment