Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Tortoiseshell Kitty: Just Another Pretty Face (demo)
This is last night's demo I did for the Yoakum County Art Association in Plains, TX. The subject is none other than Miss Halloween, or Hallie for short, a stray kitten who suddenly appeared last summer in my studio backyard. I still think Don Jones put the sweet little thing there as he knew I would not refuse her a home. Her face is divided in half, one side orange tabby and the other black as the ace of spades, hence her name. She was laying on a blue dolphin beach towel surrounded by a lilac pillow I painted red geraniums on, and a pink silk embroidered pillow from Pier 1. Size is 15x22 Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper, Daniel Smith/American Journey/DaVinci paints.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Locked and Loaded Cowboy
15x11 watercolor on Canson 140 lb CP done week before last, another in my western series. This is from a movie still of Clint Eastwood and ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...

1 comment:
Wonderful artwork, i really like it!
Cheers! :)
Post a Comment