Friday, June 29, 2012

Beach Bikes

7.5x11 watercolor using all the blues in my palette:  UB, Prussian, Midnight, cobalt, cobalt teal blue, Antwerp, manganese, peacock, ultramarine turquoise, periwinkle, cerulean, verditer, moonglow and carbazole violet.  I used a black and white printed ref courtesy WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event (Li Newton).  The challenge was to use only blues.  Later I might go back into this with golds and yellows to warm up this island beach scene.  Support:  Fabriano 140 lb rough paper.

4 comments:

Christiane Fortin said...

This is somewhere I sure would like to be right now. It's beautiful Kay!

Kay Smith said...

Thanks, my friend!

Sandy Sandy Art said...

I like the unique cool palette of this painting. I wouldn't touch it. I think it would be interesting to see another version of this in a warm palette.

christy lemp said...

I like this a lot-serene, cool, a nice light touch. Beautiful!

Daisy Bee

6x6 watercolor and ink line in Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done last week for an online challenge featuring insects on flowers or ...