Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Forest for the Trees

15x11 watercolor on Strathmore 140 lb cold press paper finished tonight.  This exercise in negative painting has 6 levels, beginning at the front row of trees and stepping up as you work towards the last one.  Its title is actually "I Can't See the Forest for the Trees", which may well be my state of mind on a good day.  I felt like celebrating autumn with this weekend's cold front, the cats cuddled up in their flannel pet beds, and the smell of pizza.  It was a good afternoon to spend painting.  When dry, I splattered new gamboge, transparent pyrrol orange, and Prussian blue.

2 comments:

Teresa Dominici said...

Great work, Kay!

Billie Crain said...

Awesome job on a difficult(to me) technique!I get so lost trying to paint in the negative. It's tricky.

Lemons in Blue Bowl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. As part of a WetCanvas challenge we...