Here is my one hour demo lesson done yesterday morning for the West TX Art Guild in Colorado City, Texas. I used two photos of birds on phone line wires right outside my studio door. It is painted on Kilimanjaro watercolor 140 lb paper and is 15x22. WTAG
had a very nice turnout and I did sell a small scarlet macaw parrot painting. My demo was held at Carolyn Walker's studio next door to Leada Wood's Studio Twenty, off Interstate 20. This
was my first time to paint insulators; one could get quite creative with the large sky!
Image is COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.
Sunday, August 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment