Thursday, September 26, 2013

Floral Lilies Copyright Infringement by Target Stores!

It has happened again.  Twice this year my floral watercolors have been stolen and reproduced without authorization/license agreement (copyright infringement) by a major retailer and marketed as cushions or pillows.  This current design here is on Target Stores/Australia's website.  A Canadian artist spotted it and alerted me today to the blatant disregard for artist's intellectual property that we copyright.  I have contacted Target, as I did with TJMaxx/Home Goods in April this year to cease marketing stolen images.  Disgusting!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kay, that is terrible; it happens all the time and it's so un-fair. I'm sorry this has happened to you again.

Darla

cathyswatercolors said...

wow what do you do about that;lawsuit? You should be reimbursed.

Kay Smith said...

Nothing happened with TJMaxx except an "We're sorry" from a customer service employee.

Unknown said...

I still say that a letter from your Lawyer would go a bit farther. Especially with a corporation like this. I've had some images stolen, but they've been by small time crooks. These are the big guys!

Eye of the Rooster

9x6 watercolor on Winsor & Newton 140 lb cold press paper, done earlier in the month using one of many rooster and chicken photo refere...