Monday, November 25, 2013

Chuy Cat on Bird Mat

 11x8.5 watercolor added over ink sketch as seen below, done yesterday of our grey tabby Chuy outside on the patio. He loves to lay on the green coir mat that has orange and yellow birds on it.  Occasionally he will slaughter a dove or pigeon just to prove he still can hunt!
Ink sketch done using Faber Castell Pitt grey brush pen on Masters sketchbook paper, 70 lbs, a nice soft paper that holds light watermedia washes. 
Images COPYRIGHT 2013 Kay Smith.

1 comment:

cath said...

Bonjour,
Je découvre ton blog, j'aime beaucoup ton travail! Des aventures et de très belles photos.
Je suis artiste peintre, photographe amateur; je me suis inscrite pour suivre tes publications!
Je t'invite à me rendre visite sur mes blogs et voir mon travail, merci beaucoup et bonne journée!

HI, I discover your blog that I like very much! wonderful work, adventures and very beautiful photographs.
I am french amateur photographer; I was registered to follow your publications
Do not hesitate to visit my blogs and see my work, thank you, have a nice day! Cath.

Party Time Parrot Tulip

9x6 watercolor using Rosa brand paints made in Ukraine on Winsor & Newton 140 lb cold press paper done earlier this month. With this va...