Sunday, March 30, 2014

Heartfelt Geraniums-reworked mixed media floral

 9x10 mixed media (inks, colored pencils, gouache) done today in 1 hour approximately from existing painting titled Primary Colors Heart from Feb. 2013 (inks, see below).  I've painted these same red geraniums before and did another watercolor yesterday of hanging baskets, but changed the flowers to a variegated salmon.  The photo was taken of my friend Barbara's plant on her sun porch a few years ago.  Tonight this was featured in WetCanvas! Weekend Drawing Event in the All Media Arts Forum where I am the host.

You can see where I've left parts of it showing in the new reworked image which I like a whole lot better
Images are COPYRIGHT 2013/2014 Kay Smith.

2 comments:

Laura Leeder said...

Just beautiful Kay!

Unknown said...

Wonderful re-worked painting Kay! You do such a great job on these. I always love your palette.

Party Time Parrot Tulip

9x6 watercolor using Rosa brand paints made in Ukraine on Winsor & Newton 140 lb cold press paper done earlier this month. With this va...