Monday, August 11, 2014

Contemporary Cow

20x22 watercolor and gouache on Lanaquarelle 140 lb hot press paper, a colorful contemporary version of a common cow patterned after one mass produced seen in a gift catalogue.  I first drew in pencil on the hot press paper then painted the background with Periwinkle Blue (American Journey), ultramarine blue plus white gouache and small amounts of Blue Bice (AJ).  Stamping done when dry using old strawberry plastic box as a stencil and Grumbacher true red paint.


3 comments:

cathyswatercolors said...

love this!as always you are wonderful.

Lori said...

My husband loves this watercolor! Do you have it for sale?

Kay Smith said...

Thanks Cathy and Lori. It is not available but I do have prints on my website:
http://www.kaysmith.artspan.com
or I can paint another version, Lori, if you want.

Thirsty Bluetit Bird

6x6 watercolor and Brusho done last week of a thirsty blue tit or bluetit bird. I've used this same photo and painted the bird larger t...