11x15 watercolor on 140 lb Saunders paper I painted awhile back that is SOLD.
I was learning how to do negative painting and it is easily seen in the leaves. This small birdhouse was photographed on the way to the frame shop and it was the second time to paint it from this angle. At this time I'd been doing watercolor about 3 years. A large orange trumpet vine framed the little house and the first wash was an underpainting of primary colors.
Image is COPYRIGHT Kay Smith.
Saturday, May 23, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Locked and Loaded Cowboy
15x11 watercolor on Canson 140 lb CP done week before last, another in my western series. This is from a movie still of Clint Eastwood and ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...

No comments:
Post a Comment