6x3.75 watercolor and ink drawn yesterday and painted today. This fellow, who holds the distinction of being New Mexico's state bird, is also known as a chaparral and is sometimes called a prairie chicken. Native to hot, dry climes of the desert southwest, it is capable of flight but is usually seen running down the road. We have them living in vacant lots on our street and I don't see them very often on trips to New Mexico. I painted a fiery orange background indicative of a very warm day and the roadrunner is done on a New Mexico magazine card.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
White Stallion Horse
8x6 watercolors done last week using Daniel Smith paints on handmade rough 140 lb cold press paper. With this white horse I've used im...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...

No comments:
Post a Comment