13.5x13.5 mixed media (acrylics, India ink, oil pastels) on pink matboard done today. After doing so many self portraits for Sketchbook Skool either from life, photos, or imagination I decided to put eyes in with India ink then develop the rest with no reference. Instead of a brush I used an old credit card to scrape areas of wet acrylic and to layer. So this is not me, just an imaginary pink girl! Total fun playing with paint.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thunder Rolling In
6x6 watercolor using Daniel Smith paints in Master's Touch sketchbook, another in my imaginary skies series. With very little time to p...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment