11x15 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper finished today. Actually I have been laboring over this for 3 days, working on it as I had time. This vibrant red orange cactus bloom captivated me when I saw it in our park by the big spring for which our town is named. Parts of pods were dried and withered but the bloom was there in all its flaming glory. Again I used Mint Julep (American Journey by Cheap Joe's) plus various shades of gold, ochre, sienna, and indigo for the greenish grey pods or leaves.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
This is a stunning watercolor!
Really beautiful!
Post a Comment