11x15 watercolor on 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper finished today. Using one of my cactus prickly pear photos I isolated one area, drew it in pencil, then painted it using pastel pinks, yellows, sherbet oranges. Blooms were done in green shades, so all is opposite what you see in nature. Years ago I took the same photo and did a half sheet larger scene using same colors for a pleasing southwest art design.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beer and Onion Rings
5.5x8 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media featured on a past WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event. In this event, a...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment