22x15 watercolor on 140 lb cold press paper, two actual works cut into horizontal strips then verticals and woven together as one piece.
I had painted the first version that had fresh zinnias, grapes and lemons in the blue/white spongeware and didn't like it. Then I painted it again as a demo for a workshop but still didn't like it. Finally cutting it up was the only answer and I do like its appearance now woven together sitting on a kitchen table in front of a window.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Saturday, April 2, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caballero and Cactus
5.5x8.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on 80 lb sketchbook paper done the third week of September while on a trip. Another southweste...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
No comments:
Post a Comment