15x22 watercolor on 140 lb Saunders cold press paper, painted from my own amaryllis blooms. I intentionally left the background the white of the paper so the lilies would stand out. With only reds and greens, this complementary color palette has been successful for me the many times I've used it. This painting is featured now on the Florals/Botanical forum channel on WetCanvas during February's monthly challenge for the plant parade.
Image COPYRIGHT 2017 Kay Smith.
Sunday, February 26, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
Very nice!
Thank you, Robert!
Post a Comment