5.5x5.5 alcohol inks on Yupo medium weight synthetic paper done today using two purple inks: Currant and Purple Twilight by Tim Holtz. I had first drawn a heart outline using a white Crayola wax crayon hoping the ink would stay within its shape but did not so just went with the flow and enhanced with 91% alcohol and blending solution to get a smooth background. I like how both purples separated into blues and reds.
Image COPYRIGHT 2017 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment