15x11 acrylic inks on Fabriano 140 lb cold press paper done yesterday over pencil drawing of red hollyhocks. Since I make sure to paint a complete painting on my birthday each year this one won the challenge. I used FW acrylic ink by Daler Rowney in a limited palette of red, yellow, and blue mixing them to obtain secondary colors, lights and darks. This resembles watercolor but is harder to manage and is quite shiny when dry.
Image COPYRIGHT 2018 Kay Smith Email: 1971ks@att.net for more information
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment