Thursday, February 22, 2018

Palette Tulips

12x9 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper painted last week from one of my photographs.  The image was shot of a pot of red tulips in front of my oil palette there in the studio.  I had painted it right after that years ago and showed more of the wooden palette edges rather than the colorful background this one has, and I like the newer version best.  It was one of the photos I had listed to use on WetCanvas online current weekend drawing event, and it was done in 1.5 hours out of the 2 hour time limit.  Other artists were too nervous to paint it, not sure of how to do the background.
COPYRIGHT 2018 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Fluffy Cat with Orange Markings

8x6 watercolor on 140 lb cold press paper by Masters Touch, a cat pet portrait done earlier in the week. I only had a black and white photo...