9x12 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper done yesterday as part of the current Weekend Drawing Event on WetCanvas! as hosted by Tanya. This flock of ibis shore birds and a few gulls was sketched on paper I'd used under smaller works to catch drips, hence the multi-marked surface. I thought it was perfect for the overcast day, water, shore, shells and debris. A boat can be seen in the distance closer to opposite shore. As a 2 hour timed event, I completed this in one hour.
COPYRIGHT 2018 Kay Smith
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment