2.5x3.5 miniature mixed media bird portrait on a book page done today. I used a black charcoal pencil to sketch, then watercolor for the warbler's body and highlighting with Conte' pastels. When dry I mounted it on 140 lb Kilimanjaro cold press watercolor paper. This is an ACEO (Artist Card Edition & Original) and is Copyright 2018 Kay Smith.
Actual size:
Thursday, March 1, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beer and Onion Rings
5.5x8 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media featured on a past WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event. In this event, a...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...


No comments:
Post a Comment