6.5x11 watercolor and pink/crimson Brusho crystals done today on 140 lb cold press Langton paper. Yesterday I started it by spritzing water over dry paper at random then applying two new colors, Holbein's Bright Pink and Opera over wet areas. Then Brusho was sprinkled over that and again water spritzed over the scattered crystals. I used canned air to blow the wet pigment for an abstract background. When dry today I began isolating white and pink shapes reminiscent of roses and negatively painted those and green leaves and stems. Quinacridone violet and alizarin crimson are the shadowed areas using a #1 script liner brush.
COPYRIGHT 2019 Kay Smith
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment