15x22 watercolor on Lanaquarelle 140 lb hot press paper of two birds nesting inside broken clay pot. I had first painted this nature still life of tiny items a few years ago then took the painting and redid its main areas. The tiny birds and pot nestle inside a larger clay pot holding a topiary from a florist. With my camera I shot a macro view for art purposes; the birds are actually made of tiny mushrooms so I had to make them appear realistic.
COPYRIGHT Kay Smith
Thursday, May 30, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment