Thursday, September 5, 2019

Politicians

22x15 watercolor on Saunders 140 lb cold press paper. Using only b&w photos I drew each fur-person carefully then painted wet on dry using imagination. On right hand side with orange background is a Siamese and that is Jezebel, studio kitty.
It was hard to find a sleezy name and many nouns such as Scalawags (too doggish), Jailbait, Devils in Fur Coats, came to mind but politicians seemed to fit perfectly. The cute phrase Cats are Just Tiny Women in Cheap Fur Coats is different, too. I love the one wet kitty on the left. I hope the cat lovers admire this one as it took awhile to do.
COPYRIGHT 2010 Kay Smith

No comments:

Checkerboard Northern Saw-whet Owl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. I used some of my saw-whet owl phot...