11x15 watercolor on Strathmore 140 lb cold press paper painted from a
black & white photo (no color reference). First I spritzed limited
palette colors of arylide yellow, cobalt blue, and permanent rose on dry
paper. When that dried I then began pushing warm high key colors that
reminded me of sherbet. The plain ordinary carnation is my birthday
flower and it usually plays second fiddle to the rose or other more
stately varieties with reputations.
COPYRIGHT 2020 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beer and Onion Rings
5.5x8 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media featured on a past WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event. In this event, a...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
This is gorgeous. A perfect January flower. I love carnations. In Bolivia I would buy bunches of them and keep them all around the house. Happy flowers and long lasting in water. I was happy to see this this evening. :-)
❤️
Post a Comment